DIR PLUS by Anders “Boray” Persson (v3.1c Released in May 2020) is a SD2IEC browser, program starter and file manager solution for your Commodore 64 and Plus/4. The goal with the file management functionality has been that you never should have to put your SD card in a modern computer for file managing.
* The files in this archive are meant to be dragged directly to an SD Card
** User Manual
* The global link list (K and Shift-K) is now not only limited to programs. You can now set links to folders and disk images as well. These are marked with an "at"-sign. There is a distinct difference between these and programs. With folders and disk image links, you are just taken to that folder and Dir Plus continues. With programs, the program is started and you will remain in the current directory (or disk image) regardless of where the program is located. The link list is now also loaded just once instead of being reloaded every time if you use it.
* G=guess: This is also related to the new folder links. If you start DirPlus in a folder that is not the root dir, the full path will not be known (indicated by red title). Before using copy or "set link", the path must be known. "G" (for guess/get) looks through your links and sees if you have a matching link there, and then uses that link, and the path will then be known.
* You can now press X to move the file cursor to a random position in the list. So if you want to play a game but you don't know which to play, you can press X to let Dir Plus make a suggestion.
* You can now press Shift-N to jump to the next folder in the file list and Shift-B for the previous folder. It works just like N and B for going to the next or previous marked file, which now also is faster than before because this whole routine was optimized.
* The move files function (copy and then return and mark source files) now also jumps to the first marked file when finished, just like the search function does.
* In the C64 version, the P now flashes if the current directory isn't prepared for D Shift-Run/Stop start. This has always been the case in the Plus/4 version, but there the hardware blink feature of the TED chip is used instead of color flashing.
* The C64 version of the text viewer is now radically faster!
* Some other small adjustments.
To update from V3.0, just copy everything from the downloaded DIRPLUS folder to your DIRPLUS folder.