The Final Cartridge III which consists of 64 Kbytes in machine-code, offers many additional features apart from the DESKTOP, for example:
- Many useful toolkit commands.
- Easy to use disk commands.
- 24K bytes extra memory in BASIC.
- A tape turbo which loads and saves TEN TIMES faster.
- A disk turbo which loads FIFTEEN TIMES faster, and saves SEVEN TIMES faster.
- A built-in machine language monitor.
- A disk monitor.
- A Centronics printer interface to produce listings and high-resolution graphic screen dumps.
- A bullt-in sprite killer.
- A reset switch, which will enable you to regain control of your computer at any time, and an OLD command, which restores your BASIC program back
after a reset or NEW.
- A freezer facility which:
- will dump programs to tape or disk.
- allows you to pause a program.
- allows you to make screendumps, including even sprites.
- A built-in Notepad, enabling you to keep notes or create short documents.
The user interface, the windows and pull-down menus are based on ideas applied in the Apple Macintosh and the Commodore Amiga.