PiffyDOS - Programmers JiffyDOS
JiffyDOS from CMD has almost become a defacto standard for the Commodore world. It's compatility, speed and features makes it the natrual choise for users today. I found it very interesting how CMD managed to sqeeze everything into that 8kb of ROM and started to disassemble the code. With the Omicron reassembler I got about 100k of text that i started looking into. I ported the text to my PC and started dokumenting the code. This was back in '94.
After a few months work I finally had understood and documented the entire JiffyDOS-KERNAL. Since then, I have modifyed my own JiffyDOS with lots of new features. My goal was to have a programmer-friendly KERNAL in my system... And here I am.Extended Basic...
* MOC and MOX are two new commands that allows you to transfer data to and from a 17xx REU.
* Input numbers in hex/bin/oct format using $,%,& as prefix.
* MON command to examine both internal and REU memory.
* additional errorhandling for the REU commands.
More Function Keys...
* using the CTRL and F-keys allows you to fastcopy the entire memory to and fram the REU.
* CTRL + F1 copy C64 internal to REU bank 2.
* CTRL + F3 copy REU bank 2 to C64 internal.
* CTRL + F5 copy C64 internal to REU bank 3.
* CTRL + F7 copy REU bank 3 to C64 internal.Additional features...
* Display the loadadresses (both when using JiffyDOS drives and normal drives).
* CTRL + X. Copy REU bank1 to C64 internal and execute program at $9000. (Rescue routine for FairLights Xmem Assembler, or any other program working the same way.)
* FAST memorycheck that NOT destroys adr $8000 ar $a000 if an external memory is found. PiffyDOS-patcher patches your original JiffyDOS and saves the PiffyDOS to disk for later being burned into a EPROM.
|System|| Commodore 64|