This is the manual for 64tass, the multi pass optimizing macro assembler for the 65xx seriesThis is the manual for 64tass, the multi pass optimizing macro assembler for the 65xx seriesof processors.
- Open source, mostly portable C with minimal dependencies
- Familiar syntax to Omicron TASS and TASM.Supports 6502, 65C02, R65C02, W65C02, 65CE02, 65816, DTV, 65EL02
- Arbitrary-precision integers and bitstrings, double precision floating point numbersCharacter and byte strings, array arithmetic
- Handles UTF-8, UTF-16 and 8 bit RAW encoded source files, unicode character strings
- Supports Unicode identifiers with case folding and compatibility normalization
- Built-in “linker” with section support
- CPU or flat address space for creating huge binaries (e.g. cartridges)
- Conditional compilation, macros, struct/union structures, scopes.