What can I do with it?
- Transfer files to or from real CBM drives.
- Create D64 and other images files from real CBM disks.
- Write D64 and other files back to real CBM disks.
- Transfer files to/from Disk Image Files.
- Transfer files between two different Disk Image files.
- View Commodore files (BASIC, SEQ, Binary, ML, Chr Sets, and Images). Supports all all machine types
- ML viewer is a full two-pass symbolic disassembler!
- Simple file operations like copy, delete, rename.
- Launch VICE and attach disk images plus autorun.
- Zoom Floppy supported.
- Supports 1581 partitions with OpenCBM.
- Format disks.
- Supports IEEE drives with Zoom Floppy.
- Supports reading/writing/viewing P00 files.
CBM-Transfer (aka "CBMXfer") is based on GUI4CBM4WIN (G4C from now on) by Leif Bloomquist, Wolfgang Moser, and Spiro Trikaliotis. G4C 0.4.1 source code was used as a starting point for CBM-Transfer. Most of the G4C code has been heavily modified or rewritten. The viewer also contains portions of code from CBM2BMP 1.1 by Peter Weighill.
CBM-Transfer was created separate from G4C for several reasons...
- I have some IEEE drives and need to work with D80 images (Zoomfloppy was not available when I started).
- I want one utility for all transfers.
- The original G4C was written in VB6 but converted to VB.NET. I do not use VB.NET as it's too complicated and bulky.
- I want to expand it far beyond the original.
- I want a fun project to sharpen my programming skills.
What Do I Need?
- A PC running Windows 95 or higher (see note below). Tested working on Windows 10.
- VB6 runtimes (included with most versions of Windows).
- Command-line utilities as required for your usage.
- A Commodore IEC drive (1541/1571 etc), OpenCBM, X-Cable or Zoom Floppy adapter.
- A Commodore IEEE drive (4040,8050 etc), OpenCBM, Zoom Floppy adapter with IEEE connector.
- A Commodore IEEE drive (4040,8050 etc), CBMLink, CBMLink cable or adapter, Commodore Computer
- Vice 2.3 or higher (includes C1541 utility) for viewing disk images and running emulation
- Nibtools for drives with parallel connection, for making NIB or G64 files.
- Commodore files (PRG, SEQ, P00)
- Commodore disk images (D64/G64/D71/D80/D81/D82/NIB/NBZ)
- Commodore picture files (ART,CDU,KOA,GEO and others)
- Old 'DOS' X-Cables like the X1541 or XE1541 will not work for Windows!
- The OpenCBM utility requires WindowNT or higher, so for most people this will be the case.
- If you do NOT need to transfer files via X-cable, and only want to use the VIEWER features, then Win95 or higher is fine.