Version 2.6 includes some new features:
- Disk Copier from real drives to .D64 images
- Command Interface
- Ultimate-II DOS V1.0 (command target)
- Kernal replacement function
... and some important fixes, including:
- TAP file recorder failed miserably on high latency write devices. Rewritten; should work better now.
- Drive data timing has improved. Timing is now dependent on the data track itself, not on the speed setting of the VIA. This fixes some protected titles in G64 format.
- This version does *not* include SID, but it does include the Ultimate Audio module. Different builds may become available upon request.
- The internal copier is still in beta. It has been tested with some of my drives, but there might be drives out there that won't work. Make sure you have an IEC link from the Ultimate to a real drive to use this function. (No need to have a link to the computer.) There is still no retry mechanism; sectors that failed to read correctly will not be re-read.
- The Kernal replacement function is critical when it comes to timing. Tested on two machines only. Might not work on C128.
- Unzip the downloaded file into the root of your SD card.
- Place the SD card in the 1541Ultimate II.
- Boot your Commodore machine
- Wait for instructions and remove SD after flashing. Suggestion: remove 'update.bin' from the root of the SD, using the PC or the delete command in the Ultimate.
Command Interface and Ultimate-II DOS
See the documentation of the Command Interface module for knowing how to use it!
See the documentation of the Ultimate-II DOS, to get to know what you can do with the Command Interface in this firmware release.
|System|| Commodore 64|