|Category: Chameleon 64 Firmware||
|Chameleon Beta 9c Firmware|
Combined core, menu and ChaCo update including manual (10 MBytes, includes automatic updater for Windows and ChaCo versions for Win32, Linux32, Linux64, Mac OS)
|10-05-15 English Windows 9.75 MB 118.00||Download|
|Chameleon Beta 9d Firmware|
What's new since last beta:
- Fixed DE00 disable bit (bit 2) for RetroReplay emulation.
- Fixed RetroReplay "REU compatibility" logic.
- Fixed PS/2 Pause key decoding. No longer triggers a ctrl key press.
- Fixed Comal-80 emulation (bits 5, 6 and 7 of banking register)
- Fixed Super-games emulation (bit 3 in DF00 to disable banking register)
- Fixed REU so it can write into color RAM correctly (REU emulation)
- Fixed REU buffer swap operation (REU emulation)
- Fixed REU register contents after failed verify operation (REU emulation)
- Added support for extra fire buttons on docking station
- Added support for disk write-protect (drive emulation)
- Improved emulation of the drive stepper motor (drive emulation)
- Various VIA emulation fixes (drive emulation)
- BUGFIX: the I/O reset required by various features did clear the CIAs
serial shift registers in a way that spurious interrupts could
be generated, which caused some programs to crash when starting
them from the file browser.
- BUGFIX: the sidplayer was using incorrect timer values for playing tunes
with NTSC timing on a PAL C64, or the other way around.
- BUGFIX: the sidplayer did not correctly mute the second SID when re-entering
the file browser
- NEW: short press on right (reset) button will send an IEC reset to the
- NEW: when F7 is used to blank the screen while playing a SID tune, the
background color will be set to black and the rasterbars removed to
- NEW: Drives can be write protected
- BUGFIX: the "arrow left" character could not be entered in the monitor
- NEW: the color ram can be shown/edited using the IO command
- BUGFIX: the CPUs of the emulated disk drives are stopped by the freezer and
only released when actually needed by the menu system.
- BUGFIX: also copy TOD registers of CIA2 in the right order :)
|12-01-16 English Windows 9.71 MB 110.00||Download|
|Chameleon Beta 9e Firmware|
What's new since last beta:
- Fixed disabling of RetroReplay cartridge emulation when set as default cart.
- Fixed supersnapshot cartridge emulation (supporting the disable bit).
- Fixed color RAM access in turbo mode.
- Fixed REU eliminating transfer errors caused by badlines (and sprite DMA).
- Added separate color palettes for PAL and NTSC modes.
- NEW: added magic key '4' to start in 640x480@60Hz VGA mode
- NEW: work around sprite-address counter initialization bug of the 6569 by
enabling the sprites during boot
- BUGFIX: when a disk image is changed/mounted and the drive CPU is running,
also trigger the respective on/off transitions at the write protect
sensor. when using the chameleon as standalone external drive this
allows to change the disk inside the browser without having to go
- BUGFIX: when using autostart send an "I" command after IEC reset, this
improves compatibility with some loaders that rely on the drive
- BUGFIX: disable super snapshot v5 before autorun
- BUGFIX: disable mach5 before autorun
- BUGFIX: disable warpspeed before autorun
- NEW: prepared d64 and g64 mounter for variable track length support
- BUGFIX: $dd00 was not properly saved when freezing
- the tools were moved into a public repository
- updated windows .exe files with updated libusb
- tick 'flash additional roms' automatically when choosing slot 0
- added warning when slot 0 is flashed and no ROM file is used
|12-01-16 English Windows 11.61 MB 115.00||Download|
|Chameleon Beta 9f Firmware|
These are the changes since the last beta release. For the detailed history please take a look at the releasenotes in the "Documentation" directory. FPGA Core: ---------- - Added remote reset feature - Fixed Pagefox Cartridge mapping - Fixed KCS Power Cartridge (BLOAD) - Fixed drive write protection, the disk could still be written to even if the sensor was 'open' - Added variable track length support to drive emulation - Fixed interrupt flag for VIA timer 1 in single shot mode. - Fixed glitch when writing to colorram from REU when BA signal goes low. Menu System: ------------ - BUGFIX: use $01 instead of $ff for the CRC7 field in SD commands - although the specs say the CRC bits are "dont care" when CRCs are disabled, this seems to be required for some cards. Bootloader: - BUGFIX: better RAM init pattern Freezer: - BUGFIX: better detection and restoring of active CIA interrupts Filebrowser: - BUGFIX: added handling for additional DOS errors (1581, CMD) - NEW: support for changing/creating/deleting directories on IEC devices, tested against sd2iec. Tools: ------ - updated tools to the latest binaries from the public repository.
|16-11-16 English Commodore 64 10.63 MB 122.00||Download|
|Chameleon Beta 9g Firmware|
New since last beta:
- Added support for "Nordic Power" mode in Retro Replay cartridge emulation
- fixed Retro Replay RAM writethrough (now passes "AR+Co Acid Test")
- SID does no more produce output for 6x and 7x waveforms when 6581 is selected (fixes certain SID type detections)
- SID: fixed readback of floating bus value (fixes busvalue.prg)
- fixed writing to RAM locations 0/1 (fixes ram0001 test)
- SID: added noise writeback (fixes the "pico" demo)
- Drive emulation now works per bit (instead of byte) on GCR data - Added "weak bit" emulation to drive emulation
- changed PAL colors to a new, more saturated, palette based on peptos new "colodore" research
- SID: much better approximation for mixed waveforms 3x and 7x
|31-12-16 English Commodore 64 10.55 MB 119.00||Download|
|Chameleon Beta 9h Firmware (Including Hotfix)|
Turbo Chameleon 64 firmware version 9h Beta (including hotfix). See long description for details on what's new.
|17-05-19 English Windows 11.93 MB 27.00||Download|
|Chameleon Beta 9i Firmware|
These are the changes since the last beta release. For the detailed history please take a look at the releasenotes in the "Documentation" directory. Tools: ------ flasher: - renamed the binary from "update.exe" to "flasher.exe". the former would trigger pointless UAC warnings in win7 and up. - detect chameleon v2, and selects the v2 core via filename pattern - restart core 0 after abort Chaco: - disable "start bootloader" button when no chameleon is connected FPGA Core: ---------- - Added support for the 1MB homebrew variant of the "Magic Desk" cartridge - Added support for the optional EPROM on the COMAL80 cartridge - Added support for the 256kB "FC3+" FC3 images - Fixed RAM mapping in "ultimax" mode - Fixed mapping of the Character ROM in VIC cycles - Fixed reading of write-only cartridge registers - Various CIA fixes, allows switching between "new" and "old" CIA now Menu System: ------------ Filebrowser: - BUGFIX: the easyflash related EAPI function to erase a sector did write to I/O instead of cartridge memory, which would result in broken audio - BUGFIX: when mounting a d64 or g64 image on the second drive, the wrong image would be marked active and diskchange was always triggered on the first emulated drive. - BUGFIX: set $ba (current drive id) to the device id of the d64 image when starting a prg file from inside a mounted d64 image. - BUGFIX: in the "file action" (SPACE) menu do not show the "load" option when the menu is invoked on .geo or .reu files, and the respective expansion is not enabled - BUGFIX: show a message when trying to load a georam or reu file and georam or reu is not enabled, or the file is too large for the configured size Settings: - moved VIC and CIA settings into "Emulation settings" Menu - added CIA type selection
|17-05-19 English Windows 11.93 MB 21.00||Download|
|21-01-16 1.64 MB 117.00||Download|
|12-01-16 4.75 MB 118.00||Download|
|12-01-16 4.93 MB 107.00||Download|
|12-01-16 5.29 MB 117.00||Download|
|12-01-16 5.27 MB 112.00||Download|
|12-01-16 5.27 MB 112.00||Download|
|12-01-16 5.27 MB 110.00||Download|
|12-01-16 6.07 MB 104.00||Download|
|12-01-16 6.07 MB 114.00||Download|
|12-01-16 6.07 MB 106.00||Download|
|12-01-16 6.06 MB 105.00||Download|
|12-01-16 6.13 MB 108.00||Download|
|12-01-16 6.14 MB 105.00||Download|
|12-01-16 6.15 MB 117.00||Download|
|12-01-16 6.16 MB 109.00||Download|
|12-01-16 9.66 MB 107.00||Download|